Monday, December 29, 2008

Fresh

Well, the snow has started to melt and the rain has replaced it. I love how the rain makes everything fresh again. I have been thinking about the new year and today when I saw the rain I thanked my Heavenly Father for the new start. Of course, I will do the goals of losing weight and learning something new this year but I will also strength my soul too. If I take small things like, reading my scriptures daily and going to the temple weekly I know that my spirit will benefit, greatly. Sometimes, I think that I get overwhelmed with the standard that I know that I need to reach. My Heavenly Father knows that I am capable and He wants me to achieve but He also knows that I am human. He knows that I need a way of starting over and being fresh. He has giving me the atonement. He has also giving me my Savior. My Savior will be my advocate. He will stand with me and give me mercy. I am so grateful for that. Just as the rain washes the earth, my Savior, Jesus Christ will help me to wash away my shortcomings and help me into exaltation. Isn't that great. It brings me such comfort. I love how each precept that I learn builds my testimony. Our restored gospel comes directly from our Heavenly Father. During this year I will do my best to achieve all I need to do but when I come up short...and I know that that will happen (at least once, ha ha) my Savior and my Heavenly Father will be there with out stretched arms helping me to stand again.

1 comment:

  1. i UBER love this post!!! very appropriate timing-wise. love ya!
    p.s. we're watching "8 Below" with your daughter right now BTW.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? Thanks for letting me know!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones