Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Plan


Sometimes it takes a while but I think that I finally am starting to get it. I am so grateful for the patience of my Heavenly Father! I have had several conversations about blind faith lately and I have come to the conclusion of when you are in a very dark tunnel and there is no light to see which way is the right way it is smart to follow the person with the flashlight. I have done lots of things in my life both for the good and not. I can totally tell when I was following the "flashlight" and when I was doing things on my own. I know that by following the Prophets I could not go astray. Sometimes, I didn't understand exactly where or why I need to do those things but I knew that if the "flashlight" was in their hands I could not go astray. Today I had a great epiphany! All of the choices I have made have led me to this day and this situation that I am in. I love my hubby. He is wonderful. We followed the plan and what a blessing. I know that currently in the world people are confused about our Heavenly Father's plan. Our Prophets have been very clear,

"The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families. Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners."
The Family: A Proclamation to the World
The First Presidency and Council of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Prophets speak for our Heavenly Father so therefore this is what our Father in Heaven wants for his children. It is not discrimination. It is just the plan. We all have our agency, that is what he wanted for us. He loves us all. We need to love everyone too. We just need to remember to not get caught up in the PC thing to do or say. We know the truth and we need to live it.

2 comments:

  1. KUDOS and a big HERE-HERE!!! to that. may my words and actions echo your testimony you've borne here. thank you for being in tune with the Spirit. i love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are in love always. no greater joy than to know that a mommie and daddy love each other and set good examples for the children.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? Thanks for letting me know!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones