Thursday, November 6, 2008

Eternal Road Trip


I feel just a little bit reverent about my kids today. I am so grateful for their innocent smiles and giggles. As a parents we have so much to learn from them. I have been so consumed with my "plans". I think that the Adversary is so good at diverting your best intentions. When it comes right down to it, my family is all that matters in this life. The way we treat one another, the way we teach each other and the example we set. What a simple plan! Heavenly Father is so smart. Why does the world twist it so? We have been counseled to take time and enjoy each one of our beautiful children and our spouse. I love the eternal perspective! I love the fact that the small things don't really matter. The road to Heaven is on the Eternal highway. I need to remember that when we are on this "road trip" to pack enough snack and games to entertain the kids so that they don't lose interest in the trip. A couple of morning ago, Elijah woke me up with a sweet kiss. He had a book and snuggled in to me. I asked him, "What book is that?" three times. I didn't understand why he was looking at me like that. He looked at me and said, "Mommy, I don't speak Spanish." I laughed, I thought that I was speaking clearly but I guess not! Since that morning I have been thinking about that experience. When I think that I am speaking clearly and setting a "good" example, how are my children interpreting my actions? I am so grateful for this important job of Mother. I hope you are all proud of your job title too! What a blessing. I hope that I will be able to help each one of them grow their testimonies so that they will want and understand the importance of our Eternal Road Trip.

5 comments:

  1. I too love the Eternal Perspective way of thinking. I know that it is the only thing that matters. It involves everything good and true. And family being part of that as well a mothers role. Thanks for sharing Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thought provoking post. I agree, it is important to look at the eternal perspective. I know I get caught up in the dishes and the laundry and.... I need to stop and see the bigger picture.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. your kids are sooooooo uber cute!
    daisy's asked me to speak in english MANY times! lol. then there were the times she'd cover my mouth and say "no mommy, please don't sing." lol even more. i LOVE being a mom. thanks, though, for being our back-up mom. you're the best. love yas!
    .me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah. I am spreading the wealth. You won my giveaway. Of all the comments. You won miss 143. Merry Christmas from the Barrons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true, thanks. I love being a Mom, its so fun.

    ReplyDelete

So what do you think? Thanks for letting me know!

Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones